- I believe in nature, the earth, and the power of the universe.
- I believe there is a "force" (best word I can use to describe it), a feminine being that is an unconscious part of the universe. She is not directly involved in what happens, but we can tap into her with the choices we make.
- Bad stuff that happens (that's man-made or created) is a direct result of free will.
- I do not believe in hell or the devil.
- I do not believe in anthropomorphic, personified god.
- I do believe Jesus was real, but I believe he was a great preacher, human. Not the son of God.
- I believe in science, in the big bang, and in evolution; but I also believe there is a spirit intertwined in the universe. I just don't believe it's watching over us and deciding whether or not we get into Heaven.
- I do believe something happens when we die, I just don't know what. I used to believe in reincarnation, but now I'm not sure. I think I still do, but part of me is scared to believe in that. I'm starting to believe more and more that we somehow become part of the vast universe. This is a subject that honestly scares me a bit. I have a lot of fear about death and getting older. I still learn towards reincarnation. Earth is reborn and renewed all the time, I bet stuff in the universe dies and comes back refreshed. So, why not us? I am just scared because I don't want to be reborn into a time when earth ends. Also, thinking about not being with people I love is scary.
Sunday, March 18, 2018
On My Spirituality
I identify as a Pagan Unitarian Universalist. UU being my religious/spiritual community and Paganism being my personal spirituality and beliefs. So what do I, as a Pagan, believe/not believe? Well, let's break it down.