- Life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it.
- My present situation is not my final destination.
- Don't focus on analyzing every word, don't worry about the future, don't get upset over stuff that hasn't happened. If I do then I will be so regretful. It's like mourning someone's death when they are still alive.
- Things change, people change, I change. Even if someone says something now it doesn't mean they will mean it/believe it tomorrow.
- Has this way of thinking/thing I'm about to do/thing I'm about to say worked for me in the past? No? So maybe try not doing it.
- Sometimes people do not know the answers. Don't try to force one because it's probably not going to be what I want to hear.
- "It's funny, in a moment like that, when what's really happening is too intense to deal with, sometimes it's best......." ".....To leave it unspoken and just enjoy each other's company instead."
- I hate the concept of the friend zone. I'm not going to be that person who acts like he's not good enough if we're only friends.
- He does have feelings for me, this isn't about me. This is about him.
- If I hyper focuses on certain things he says, then I will ignore the things he says that bring a smile to my face.
- In my mind if I don't call/text someone every moment of everyday they will forget me or disappear. That's just not how it is in reality. Some of my closest friends I don't talk to months at a time. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
- "There will be an answer, let it be."
- I have to think of his situation. If he says certain things it may just be because of where his head is at. He still likes me, he wants to be around me. So, I have to enjoy my time with him. No matter how long or short. Friendship or otherwise.
- If all else fails, fake it until you make it. I've trained my brain to always think negative and WCS, so there is no reason I can't train it to do the opposite.
- Think opposite. Don't analyze. Forcing, pleading, worrying, pushing...none of that has ever worked. I will take solace in the fact he enjoys my company.
- It is silly to think that just because I'm not dating a person I cannot do things with them. I've taken friends camping, I've hung out with friends in Boston, etc.
- Stop asking to make plans months from now. Make them naturally, let them happen naturally.
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Thinking Outside the BPD Brain
If I am to think outside my BPD brain here are some things I need to remember