I'm not saying I never do the follow anymore, but here are behaviors/traits that I have either significantly improved on or incidents including them are very few and far between:
- Screaming at customer service people either on the phone or in person and threatening them.
- Saying the meanest thing I can think of to people. I've wished horrible things upon strangers, friends, and their loved ones.
- Texting someone 40 times in a row if they don't text me back right away.
- Promiscuous sex.
- Impulsive spending (at least not like I used to)
- Bringing someone down because I am insecure around them
So, for those who don't think I've changed. Simply put, you're wrong.
I have a lot I need to work on. I still slip up, I still let my BPD brain dictate things to me. I know I am still on a journey, but every stumble and step brings me more insight, guidance, and wisdom.
I am a much different person than I was a five years ago, a year ago...it may not be as noticeable to some people, but it is to me. And that's all that matters.